The following Recovery Learning Communities represent the other five DMH Districts in Massachusetts.
Peer Support Line
The MBRLC operates a peer support line from 4-8pm, seven days a week. It is staffed by compassionate peers to listen to callers in need of a human voice who understands. Call toll free at (877) PEER LNE (no "i") -- (877) 733-7563. A Spanish-speaking operator is available on Wednesday and Sunday.Download and please feel free to post the Peer Support Line flyer here.
NAMI Mass Compass: Your Guide to Mental Health Resources (617)580-8541
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Assurance Wireless phone (Assurance is a cell phone company that provides free cell phones, minutes and texting to those who collect any type of assistance from the Commonwealth.)
- Catholic Social Services (Fall River/New Bedford)
- Child Abuse and Neglect; Hotline: (800) 792-5200
- Council on Aging; or call 1-800-AGE-INFO
- Elder Abuse and Neglect; Hotline: 1-800-922-2275
- NAMI Compass: 1-800-370-9085
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Netspend Debit Card is a pre-paid debit card offered without a credit check hassle. You can pay bills on line, have government checks deposited and so on.
- Salvation Army
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration)
- Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
- Suicide Prevention (Barnstable Human Services Cape and Islands Suicide Prevention Coalition)
- Social Security